When I heard of this thermometer and read the features, I was impressed. As a medic and mum of 2 under 2, this thermometer offers mum’s the sort of monitoring usually done in a healthcare setting even without the wires. I was glad we got an opportunity to try out this kit
As a parent or guardian, it can be stressful when you have a poorly child, and we are often up at odd hours checking on them, and most times, we want to know if their temperature is normal. This thermometer gives parents the ability to do just that, which I think is really smart.
I got to test this when Joel just started teething and had a cold. I was able to check his temperature without getting up from the bed which to me was a godsend especially at a time where I was very tired due to poor sleep.
5 things we loved about the thermometer
- Easy to apply: Place the temperature monitor on the child’s armpit using the adhesive patch. It is worth mentioning that although ear thermometer is easier to use, in children under 2yrs of age the armpit (axillary) thermometers are more accurate.
- Surprisingly Comfy: Joel didn’t seem bothered about it and slept through the night with the device attached. No wires and not bulky to carry around which is a plus
- Notification: You get instant notification when the device is ready and are alerted of temperature readings and so on.
- Night time monitoring: This makes monitoring a feverish child overnight easy as can check on the app from the comfort of your bed. Joel sleeps in the cot beside me, so it is not a hassle for me to check on him during the night, but with his older brother in a different room, this will come in handy
- Ease of storage and transport: The base station is a handy small and portable storage box for storing the thermometer monitor and makes it easy to take when out and about.
What we didn’t like
- Lost connection: This happened a lot to us but It wasn’t difficult to reconnect.
- Replacement adhesive patch cost: The adhesive is not reusable and becomes less sticky after use. The replacement pack comes with four adhesive patches for £5.99 which can gradually add up.
Overall, I found it easy to use and would certainly recommend for parents with babies under six months. It is so easy to use for overnight monitoring of a feverish child. I am also aware that due to the cost of the device and replacement adhesive patches, it may not suit everyone,
Some parents may find it a nuisance to reconnect the device, especially after the connection, is lost due to a wriggling baby.
Disclaimer: We got given this item as a product tester. However, all opinion is mine.